Wednesday 27 January 2016

Isla's Unicornia Quilt {Progress} || Pattern by Claire Turpin Designs

Isla standing next to her new unicorn quilt

Isla dancing in front of her new unicorn quilt

Isla standing in front of her new Liberty print Unicornia Quilt, pattern by claire turpin designs

Closeup of Unicorn quilt on the bed

Unicorn quilt on the bed with dolls sitting on top

Isla squealing over her quilt

Rainbow bedroom girls decor

Isla jumping on the bed

Girls dolls by Rhapsody and Thread, pattern by Dolls and Daydreams

Isla cuddling her dolls

Girls Unicorns and Rainbows Bedroom

I can't explain how thrilled I am to see how this border worked out! I'm a terrible procrastinator at the best of times - but that's when I have lots of great options and I can't pick my favourite. This time, I couldn't find a single print that I liked! I found the blocks to be so busy and colourful that nothing seemed to match. And my other battle was that I had originally planned on making Isla a more pastel/quieter quilt compared to her last rainbow triangle quilt. I fell in love with the gorgeous border on Claire's original - it's a white fabric with tiny grey dots. See it here. Claire had used it throughout the quilt blocks and then on the borders, and it balances the design so beautifully. I followed the same direction using a white with grey words in the same blocks, but it just didn't work as a border! 

So, I ditched my pastel ideas and chose that stunning Plummy Metallic print by Cotton And Steel, purchased from Carols of Midland. It is the opposite of pastel, don't you think? I can't help myself, and it just looks perfect in her room against her Liberty bedhead (see first pics above).

Useful Links
Unicornia Quilt Pattern by Claire Turpin Designs 
Fabrics from Carols of Midland 
Liberty fabrics from The Strawberry Thief and Materialise Your Life 
Rhapsody Dolls from Rhapsody and Thread 
Polka Dot Cloud pillow from Kmart 
Unicorn Painting by Courtney King 
Dream Even Bigger banner by Zilvi 
Liberty Bow Garland by Rhapsody and Thread 
Unicorn banner by Little Olive and Co 
Mirror Name by Arlo and Co

No comments:

Post a Comment