Saturday 24 August 2013

Liberty Girls Patchwork Skirt and Heart T-Shirt by Rhapsody and Thread

I was so excited for my daughter Isla to start walking so that I could make cute little skirts and dresses for her to wear. I had made her a patchwork skirt when I was pregnant but I had no idea what I was doing, and I made it so big that she hasn't even had a chance to wear it yet. Whoops.

So I thought I'd try again now that she's trotting around and the weather is warming up. And I thought I would try the patchwork thing again. It was much easier this time around. Mum had a few quilting tools that made cutting the squares a breeze. And I got mum to sew the waistband for me - I'm still a bit scared of elastic. But I did the rest myself - and I'm pretty proud of myself!

On the t-shirt, I hand-stitched on two hearts. The bigger heart is Liberty Fairford print and the smaller heart is Mitsi (red). I decided on satin stitch to create a strong, bright border.

Liberty Heart T-Shirt by Rhapsody and Thread
For the skirt, I wanted bright colours and decided on Fairford, Frank, Mitsi (red), Mitsi (green), Saeed, and Willow Rose for the patches. And then I used Meg's Garden on the waist-band and hem.
Liberty Girls Patchwork Skirt (in progress) by Rhapsody and Thread
Liberty Girls Patchwork Skirt (in progress) by Rhapsody and Thread
Liberty Girls Patchwork Skirt (in progress) by Rhapsody and Thread
This is how the skirt turned out.
Liberty Girls Patchwork Skirt by Rhapsody and Thread
Liberty Girls Patchwork Skirt by Rhapsody and Thread
And this is the finished combo!
Liberty Girls Patchwork Skirt and Heart T-Shirt by Rhapsody and Thread
 

I couldn't be happier and I can't wait to see how my beautiful girl looks. Very pretty I'm sure.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment