Saturday 14 July 2012

Look What We Made - Shoulder Bag using Liberty of London & Linen Fabric

Mum did an incredible job with this bag for me - don't you think?

Photo courtesy of Rhapsody and Thread
I'm just an apprentice at this stage so I cut the pieces out and helped with the design, but mum pulled everything together for me and I'm so proud. We matched the 100% linen with Liberty of London tana lawn in the Mistral Pink print.

And we had even more fun making the flower embellishment. I was inspired by the flower print, and mum embroidered hot pink streaks on the linen leaves. The navy fabric was once my grandmothers - it's very sheath or scarf-like and frayed well - I'm obsessed with frayed edges at the moment. It created a kind of fluffy look behind the button and flower. It's gorgeous.

Photo courtesy of Rhapsody and Thread
Inside there are 3 pockets including a mobile phone pocket. Mum added a fabric strip on the top of each pocket to add some colour and spice to the inside.

Photo courtesy of Rhapsody and Thread
And this picture of the back of the bag gives you a good view of the handles. I went for long shoulder straps to keep my hands free. We had considered structured handles but these fit more snuggly on the shoulder so I'm much happier.

 
Photo courtesy of Rhapsody and Thread
I used this bag for the first time today and I felt so proud of us. The fabric is soft and silky and it was really comfortable to wear. Happy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment