Saturday 14 July 2012

Look What I Got - My Liberty of London Fabric Finally Arrived From The UK

I've been itching for this delivery to arrive from the UK so that I have some pinks to work with. As you can see from previous blogs, mum and I chose more subtle, classy colours/prints from Calico & Ivy and they suit the handbags beautifully. But I want more funky colours/prints for my jewellery and for the clutches we want to make.
Photo courtesy of Rhapsody and Thread

I've been itching for this delivery to arrive from the UK so that I have some pinks to work with. As you can see from previous blogs, mum and I chose more subtle, classy colours/prints from Calico & Ivy and they suit the handbags beautifully. But I want more funky colours/prints for my jewellery and for the clutches we want to make. 

Here's what I got. The Liberty Tana Lawn - Mistral Pink:
Photo courtesy of Rhapsody and Thread

It is my favourite and I've been waiting for it so that we can get started on my first handbag. The colours are gorgeous, with the different hues of hot pink mixed with navy, lime, taupe, and a brilliant white that gives the print a really crisp look. What I love most about this print is the overall design. There is a look of hand-painted peony roses and I LOVE this print! My bag will be gorgeous, and if I can get my hands on any scraps I'll make a necklace or earrings as well :o). 

Photo courtesy of Rhapsody and Thread

The next one is Liberty Tana Lawn - Frank:
Photo courtesy of Rhapsody and Thread
This is a really unique print. I'm not sure what inspired the designers but it reminds me of an Aboriginal dot painting. I particularly love the colour combinations of blues, oranges, and purple. I'm curious to see how the shapes and colours will translate into a bag or a necklace. Stay tuned.
The next one is Liberty Tana Lawn - Clarricoates:
Photo courtesy of Rhapsody and Thread

This is a gorgeous blend of purples, teal, and mustard in small flowers and stripes. The print is quite small and it looks like a mix of beads. I'm going to make a fabric bead necklace I think!
Photo courtesy of Rhapsody and Thread
And the last print is Liberty Tana Lawn - Symposium:
Photo courtesy of Rhapsody and Thread
I'm not sure why I was drawn to this design... It has an artistic graffiti look about it with fantastic sketches of roses with splatterings of vibrant red, lime, and electric blue. I can see it working really well as a clutch, but I think I'll start with jewellery to draw out the colours and textures.
Photo courtesy of Rhapsody and Thread

What do you think of these? Do you have a favourite? I feel really inspired and can't wait to share my projects with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment